Monday, November 25, 2013

Simple Pleasures

I am all about simple pleasures. I am an easy to please person -I don't need all of the glitzy shiny things. I've just never been like that. Simple things make me happy.


Case in point, I love the Amber Romance body lotion from Victoria's Secret. I've loved it for years now but rarely go into Vicki's spot because she's too high sometimes. Last time I had this lotion was when we went on the cruise last year. When we were flying back from Miami, I forgot that it was in my carry on instead of the luggage that went ahead and dang the man at the security post who took it. They didn't take coconut head monkey that we stored all of our medicine. No he took my lotion. I know it was his job and I know I should have remembered to pack it in the other bag but dang! It's ok...I'm not bitter. I just bought some. Just the smell of it brings me to a happy place.


Another simple pleasure helps with my sanity. Tea. Hot tea, sweet tea, McAlister's tea, Mickey D's sweet tea (when they make it right), herbal tea, just any kind of tea. It eases my mind, calms my nerves, and it's better for me than drinking soda or coffee. I have always loved tea.








Writing is definitely more than a hobby for me. It keeps my mind from overflowing with ideas and thoughts and fears and dreams. Writing allows me to express on my paper what my lips won't say. Writing keeps me alive and free. I just really love to write whether it's poetry or a scene in a novel or even a entry in my diary. Yes I still do have a personal diary. It's an APP on my phone so it's easier for me to write whenever I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment